July 02, 2017

KITE



Recently on a trip to the edge of my borders, boundaries and blessings, I grabbed a kite and headed for the Texas beach just a short drive away.  With my little ‘Star Wars’ kite in hand, I darted for the crashing of the waves over the crashing of toxic relationships.  I was going to
 fly my kite on the banks of Galveston Island. 

I couldn’t soar above my circumstances in the natural, but I could in prayer; I just needed a little silence, a capsule of time between me and my Way-Maker, with no one around but the wind.  I could rise toward heavenly places piercing the works of the prince of the power of the air, up there. 

Taking the long roll of string in hand, fumbling with the forcefully gentle Texas wind flapping the wings of my kite smack into my face, I persisted toward unraveling the lengthy cord and carefully fastened the parts.  

My ‘Star Wars’ kite soared higher and higher as if to lift me from the sand between my toes.  Gradually, my thoughts turned heavenward, and I made my way toward the waves.  Silence was broken only by breathing-like sounds of waves crashing over my borders, as my Way Maker made His way toward me; louder and louder the sound of His nearness crashes over each troubling thought, as peace clears a resting place within me.
  
It’s all I needed; just a capsule of time alone with my Way Maker.  In a place where His voice can be
heard, the course of any circumstance changes; even the course of your life.  Poisonous, venomous piercings of toxic words that cut so deep; of actions that can never be undone, can only be done away with, One way.  A soft answer turns away wrath, and one can always turn the other cheek, until you have no more to turn.  Yielding at the place of surrender has always been a home-run outcome for me… why do we resist the yielding, I often wonder?  Why, when God speaks in a way that we recognize and cannot deny, do we turn the cheek in ignorance as if it wasn’t Him we heard?  

Let the waves of His mercy come crashing over my restless places as He seeks to search me through; let the sound of His voice thunder right through me and may He have His way, my Way Maker and my Lord.  Never failing to lift and relieve, closer than a brother and nearer than my heart, a place where love, joy and peace abound this side of heaven is a real place indeed. 

“Come away,” He says, and so I do; it might take a bit longer sometimes, when stubbornness has crept and slept a while throughout the chambers of my heart; a heart He knows so well, a brokenness He’ll not despise.  There’s more than a remedy to be found in the Presence of that voice; more than a quick fix or crutch. He settles me.

KITE is featured in the July Issue of Sibella Publications, Sybil Magazine.  Read it here, and get your FREE copy today, at Sibyl Magazine

Kite (c) 2017 by Sandra Cerda.  All Rights Reserved.  Contact Toll Free 1-866-939-2309 for Information or to Schedule for Ministry.

Sandra Cerda is an Author and Publisher, Founding Director of New Life Ministries, and Strategic Organizer for The Gathering of Warrior Crusades.  For more on her work, visit the website at
New Life Ministries
Sandra is a contributing writer for Sibella Publications, and Manly Training Ministries.
Follow the links for more on these wonderful ministries.



A young woman is sought out by the Lord, and ministered toward her New Life in Christ, and effective ministry for the Body of Christ.  Watch and listen to the sweetness of the Lord that sweeps over her!  Follow on YouTube for the latest in video clips and more:  Sandra Cerda on YouTube






No comments: