June 26, 2012

SOMETHING’S NEVER CHANGE


     The Gift of God in you, and the Calling of God in you! It’s part of the Love Make-up we are made-up of.  It’s in the Divine part of God that we are immersed in, entwined in; of who He has made us to be.  I’ve always believed this to be true; and now, I’m learning something just as true.  Something of great personal discovery that has resulted from recently having to “return” to the pages of my first book, Incest: The Curse of Destruction…REVERSED.  
     Through a series of bad events,


 and over the years, the original file was lost; deleted, whatever.  Gone, is the word I use.  Absolutely g-o-n-e; problem being my need to get that file into the hands of an outsourced publisher.  So, the only option left was to re-do the entire piece.  But, I learned something valuable in the process.  Going back to that pain, was the sudden issue.  But, why? 

     I suddenly had an overwhelming heaviness come over me, to the point where I was just not going to deal with the re-do, at all.  I summoned every possible scenario, and busy thing I needed to be working on, in an effort to avoid getting back into those pages.  I knew with every stroke, I would be made very aware, again, of the great pain and trauma of my past.  I also knew I had to go back.  “One more time”, is all I sensed in my heart.  Could that be the Lord?  I was instantly interested, and stirred; and quickly got to my computer, and got to work.     Over the next week I poured over every detail, without end, when it dawned on me that I had come back to face a slain past; a slain and ultimately defeated torment.  Suddenly I envisioned myself pulling with great force, a sword from a dead body, called “Destruction”.  As I envisioned myself withdrawing my sword, I heard the voice of the Lord softly say, “You forgot your sword”. 
     God was showing me that there were other giants to slay but I needed the truth of the sword, that victory and the knowledge of the power it wields to continue to slay the giants in my life, and the lives of others.   The sword being the basic knowledge of what it took to gain that particular victory.  There is a very real power and presence of God that it takes to ultimately realize and experience those victories.  Remaining in that basic, life changing truth, is vital.  Certain discoveries are made on the path to those victories that are useful on the journey ahead; a journey with challenges, conflicts, adversity… giants. 
    Well, this former, potential setback is no longer that.  Little did I know that through this mirage of a challenge, I have discovered many untapped gifts within me that this chiseling is beginning to reveal; and it is exciting!  It has given me a new, fresh outlook with anticipation instead of drudge or despair.  It has stirred my creative energy, and strengthened my motives with purpose. 
     In re-doing this book, I heard the Lord say, “don’t ever forget where I’ve brought you from; there is great power in that”.  Power in knowing you walk in the victories of the Lord; power in knowing you are a giant-slayer.  That, for me, will never change.  I will always know that, about the gifts and calling of God on my life.  And so should we all.  We are divinely made to overcome the shadows of the past; the effects and taunts, memories and pain.  We are divinely made up to walk in victory over defeat and destruction, by the power of God in us. 
     Something’s will NEVER change! Aren't you glad?  It's always good to recall the mercies of God; to keep fresh in our rememberance that healing truth. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for this message,you know what I have been dealing with in my life. And again Thank you,love u. God Bless

sandra said...

Sometimes we just need that friendly, non-judgemental reminder; that kind only comes from the Lord! Have a GREAT day! ~ sandra